Re: Creationist probability equations

Ed Brayton (cynic@net-link.net)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:20:30 -0400

Joseph Mastropaolo wrote:

> Ed:
> Thank you for your message but I am not a creationist, I posted no
> creationist equations and the probabilities I reported were for the
> evolution of one molecule of one protein, not rocks.

Thank you for this entirely non-responsive statement. The use of the
term "creationist" in the message subject does not have much to do with
the message itself, the substance of which you did not bother to respond
to. The analogy with the rock is quite accurate, since the formation of
a protein is NOT a random event. It is a contingent event, dependant on
the initial conditions but constrained after that. And the rock example
shows that your reasoning is flawed. But you will no doubt continue to
repeat the same claim anyway; it seems to be your pattern.

Ed