Re: Word Games

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 05:20:50 -0500

At 12:21 AM 10/1/98 -0500, Cummins wrote:
>However, Creationists are never shocked to see Evolutionists confuse the
>words "evolution" and "science" in an effort to deceive. Evolution is a
>religion, science isn't. Science isn't evolution else "IBM Evolutionists
>have managed to speed up microprocessors by using copper instead of
>aluminum in the making of circuits..."

If evolution is a religion, why is there EVIDENCE that God uses evolution
to aid in an animals survival? God designed the microbes right? So what
the microbes do is the design of God right? Then, WHY DID GOD DESIGN
MICROBES IN SUCH A FASHION AS TO USE CHANCE TO EVOLVE NEW SURVIVAL
ABILITIES? This last month, Science magazine came out with a fascinating
article on some new research on bacteria. When bacteria face new obstacles
to their survival, they turn on a different reproductive mechanism that
causes lots of mutations.

"The bacteria are 'smart' about how they evolve, explains Rosenberg. In
response to adverse conditions, they 'turn on mechanisms of mutation that
are nothing like the usual [mutation] mechanisms,' she adds. They activate
different repair enzymes and promote DNA shuffling, for example.
"Not long ago, these ideas would have been considered heretical, but 'I
see more and more people looking at [evolution] this way,' says Werner
Arber, a Nobel laureate and microbiologist at the Universeit of Basel in
Switzerland. Whether by radically rearranging themselves, making use of
mobile elements to generate variation, or causing certains stretches of DNA
to mutate at high rates, genomes are showing that they can help themselves
cope with a changing environment. Says Shapiro, 'The capability of cells
has gone far beyond what we had imagined." Elizabeth Pennisi, "How the
Genome Readies Itself for Evolution," Science 281(Aug 21, 1998), p.
1132-1134, p. 1134

God designed an entirely different reproductive mechanism with different
enzymes to encourage mutation. Why did God do that?????? Because God uses
evolution. How do we know of this mechanism? Science, not religion.

It is not religion to believe what the eyes and science tell us.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood