Re: Evolution debate

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 20:16:34 -0600

At 09:15 AM 2/27/98 -0600, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>You have some good
>friends on this chatroom, and you could not have if you replied to others
>in that vein.

I do have some very good friends here (even those who disagree with me
strongly), but they didn't jump in because they were my friends. They
jumped in because your argument was fallacious and not nice. And don't doubt
their committment to honesty either. They will, and have rightfully called
me to account when I have been wrong in the past, and I want them to do
exactly that. I have had to apologize on this list a number of times and
admit that I was wrong a number of times.

>What I took for arrogance was really passion for your
>position, and that is totally excusable.

I am VERY passionate about this because what young earther's teach nearly
drove me to atheism. I DON'T want to see others driven to the same point
that I was. If Christians can't explain the observational facts of geology
within some type of Biblical interpretation, many more will leave the
Christian faith and become atheists as many already have. I view the
failure of Christian apologists as causing this bleeding wound in Christianity.

>I have misjudged you, and for that I apologize.

No problem.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood