Re: Standing miracle?

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 16:30:05 EDT

George,

I don't believe I've missed the points made in your earlier post; it simply appeared reasonable to me that we should first take a step or two back in order that we might begin our debate from an agreed position. Instead, you offer me the mantra "Even if everything you say above is true, & even if it proves that the Bible is absolutely true...". George, this is hardly good enough; my claim is extraordinary and surely deserving of an informed and considered response, for its implications - if true - are tremendous, as I'm sure you would agree.

You chose to enter the fray with the words "Once more into the breach." - and I greatly appreciate that. So again I ask, _in your view_, does Genesis 1:1, in the original Hebrew, warrant the accolade 'standing miracle', or not? - and if not, why not?

Vernon
www.otherbiblecode.com