Re: Standing miracle?

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 20:41:53 EDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Vernon Jenkins
  To: George Murphy ; ASA list
  Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 5:50 PM
  Subject: Standing miracle?

  Thanks for these views, George. But rather than proceeding on too broad a front can we, for the time being, focus on my basic claim that the first verse of the Bible, in the original Hebrew, is both a fundamental statement and a compound cipher - what I have described as 'a miracle set in stone'. There can be little doubt that it is the work of an extraordinary and purposeful mind - the writer anticipating by some hundreds of years the development of the key that unlocks the cipher, viz the Jewish practice, from circa 200BC, of writing numbers using alphabetic characters - this effectively ruling out all possibility of human authorship.

  Can we then agree that, based on the independent evidences presented and discussed on my website, Genesis 1:1, as originally rendered, is indeed, a miracle of supernatural design?

  Vernon -

  You have completely missed my point. Even if everything you say above is true, & even if it proves that the Bible is absolutely true, it still does not answer the essential question about the types of _true_ literature that we have in the early chapters of Genesis.

  Shalom
  George
  http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/