Re: TheologyWeb

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 11:02:33 EDT

"Howard J. Van Till" wrote:

> On 6/11/04 7:18 AM, "Glenn Morton" <glennmorton@entouch.net> wrote:
>
> > Most people aren't out there TRYING DESPARATELY to figure out your
> > pseudonym. I don't give a rats rear end what you call yourself on TW.
> > And don't expect me to guess who is who publically. That is one of the
> > biggest taboos on TW. Maybe you should read the rules.
>
> Glenn, Wally, or anyone else who participates in TheologyWeb:
>
> Help me understand this kind of forum. Why would Christians use pseudonyms
> in discussion? Do they not want others to know what they really believe? Do
> they want to avoid taking responsibility for the way they speak to one
> another? Why the anonymity?
>
> Guess who.

Originally, I tried to sign in with my real name, but I made an error and wound
up taking a pseudonym. In my case, unless I gave a resume, my real name means
nothing anyhow. Most ASAers might like to use their real name.

Some on Tweb take pains to hide their identity. I think that the atheists and
agnostics largely fall in that crowd. There is one guy called "Socrates" who is
probably a ringer form AiG and does not want that to be known.

By and large the web site has a lot of silliness and games -- so who cares?

Walt

--
Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>