Re: TheologyWeb

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 11:07:15 EDT

Ringing your bell again, Glenn. You make it sooo easy ;-).

I would offer a different viewpoint (from Burgy) to ASAers. Twebb is place
worth going to --- but mostly as an observer. There is an interesting cross
section of people -- from atheist to YEC. Glenn and a few others are not
anonymous but they are the exceptions. As one might expect, everybody has an
agenda to push and nobody yields much to anyone. The owner is YEC and that
bias shows through. From what I have seen, the atheists and agnostics have a
field day there.

My primary purpose in joining Tweb was to see if YECs are bad as many here
have said that are. It has been an eye-opener. I see Christians who really
believe that stuff and are arrogant towards non-YEC Christians. I doubt that
I will defend YECs very often in the future.

Although I spoof Glenn, I actually admire him for how he attempts to turn
YECs around. (Don't tell him that.) I think that it is mostly futile but
there is least one person who dialogues with him and may be influenced. (He
-- like Glenn -- is one of the few who actually gives a real name. The
disadvantage of giving a real name is that other Twebbers then run out and
find out your real credentials. As a result, this person is put down by some
as lacking any significant scientific credentials.) If Glenn turns around
just one person then it is worth the effort. Besides, Glenn enjoys debate
just for debate's sake.

Is Tweb a waste of time for most people? Maybe it but is interesting to
observe that pool of people IMO

Walt

--
Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>