Re: No death before the fall theology

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 11:24:32 EDT

    In a message dated 4/26/03 6:25:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    bnelson301@yahoo.com writes:

    We have discussed the fact that Original Sin as it exists in the Western
    tradition is a particular
    exegetical understanding of the texts that doesn't even necessarily stand for
    what you assert it does
    (i.e., that sin caused human death).  Likewise, the doctrine, as you
    misunderstand it, holds far less of a
    place in Eastern Orthodoxy than it does in the Western tradition.

    The doctrine of the self sacrifice is precisely the same in the east and the
    west - the cultural facade is embellished differently - for example - we have
    the stations of the cross - the east has the yoking of the oxen - Jesus has
    the lily, Buddha the lotus.

    The sin of self-consciousness, the consciousness of an entity separated from
    God by a free will caused the awareness of death.
    rich