Re: No death before the fall theology

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 11:40:20 EDT

    In a message dated 4/27/03 9:55:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jeisele@starpower.net writes:

    > There are no atheist churches, Debbie. Atheism is
    > not a business. But information can be obtained from
    > the internet. I expect that will take Christianity
    > down for good. Who knows how long it will take.
    > Some people cherish their superstitions, and there is
    > still (by my perception) some social acceptance in
    > being a Christian. The truth about Christianity isn't
    > known to everyone. In Europe, though, Christianity is
    > basically finished. We Americans are pretty ignorant
    > about science matters. This list is a good thing in that
    > area.
    >
    > Anyway, look at Gen 3:19. The mythology is that the
    > cause of physical human death is sin.
    >
    > Jim

    Dear Jim,

    The Jewish people are the most intelligent, the most materially successful
    and genetically most long lived people in the world. They maintain their
    traditions found in their holiest books of the Torah. Their most orthodox
    communities are in palestinian territory daring the world to remove them and
    the world has not been able to do that. If you are selling atheism, you've
    got to explain to me why the Jews who follow those "cherished superstitions,"
    are doing so well.
    As for the superstitions, you obviously don't know that the Biblical writers
    intentionally wrote in allegories. You probably also don't know that
    scientists have found religious behavior evolutionarily adaptive. Have you
    read the evolutionary psychologist MacDonald on Judaism? Have you read David
    sloan wilson on the adaptive nature of religious groups? Your atheism is a
    dead end. You're short of the grail, Jim, and yes - there is one, if you know
    what to look for. You are pretty ignorant about science matters.

    What's with genesis 3:19? Of course man now had to work. Pastoralism and
    agriculture both figure strongly in genesis and both are a step beyond
    hunting and gathering which only supports small populations whose size
    matches exactly the availability of God's bounty from season to season. With
    the appearance of pastoralism and agriculture we can support artificially
    high populations through concentrated labors (the sweat of your brow),
    populations which are subject to rapid decline due to man's pastoral and
    agricultural mistakes.

    rich