Re: No death before the fall theology

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 11:06:39 EDT

    In a message dated 4/26/03 12:26:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jeisele@starpower.net writes:

    > But the Bible can't be defended once you give up YEC. Tough choice.
    >
    > Jim Eisele
    >
    > P.S.
    > I debated whether or not to post this to a
    > Christian list. It is the disturbing lack of
    > honesty and integrity that I have seen among
    > some Christians that prompted me to do so.

    YEC was never significant for me. I understood that the origin stories were
    gleaned from the agriculturalists. The significant truths in genesis are
    human stories, evolved from pastoral life, not agricultural life. The human
    truths in genesis are absolutely profound and rational. It does not take a
    disturbing lack of honesty or integrity to say that. It's a fact. I'm going
    to say it again - the Jewish scholars themselves say that genesis is
    allegorical and meant to be understood on a number of levels. I don't
    understand why giving up YEC makes the Bible indefensible. You are making the
    innerancy of the BIble the issue, not whether or not YEC is valid. Biblical
    innerancy is a Christian idea. The Jews themselves are known for writing
    allegories into the Bible and for saying so themselves! Jesus taught in
    "parables." Throwing YEC out does not mean throwing the Bible out. Sorry. But
    that's just wrong - religiously and scientifically.

    rich