RE: No death before the fall theology

From: Alexanian, Moorad (alexanian@uncw.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 14:03:44 EDT

    I very much agree with your post. I deal with the Bible the way I deal with Nature. Nature is something to be studied and understood and so is the Bible. At times, there are apparent dilemmas or discrepancies in our understanding of Nature, but we still keep the tried theories and seek for theories that are more encompassing, which is the way we also deal with the Bible. It is our understanding of Nature and the Bible that changes not the subjects under study. There are important facts in Nature, whose explanations give deeper knowledge of the truth of Nature than some other less significant facts. The same is true with the Bible. Who Jesus is and what He did on the cross is the fundamental question. The verses that deal with that issue are the fundamental one and the others are less significant. We can know enough about Nature and thus tinker successfully with it, but we will never reach the thorough understanding of any part of Nature that must invariably lead to the Creat!
    or.

    Moorad