Re: Re: ID Science (subtopic 2)

From: igevolution@earthlink.net
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 15:22:36 EDT

    Jim Armstrong writes:
    We paint on canvas as a reflection of our visual system and sense of aesthetics. As others have observed, our creations are almost(?) entirely bounded by and are a reflection of what we are and what we know. We create out of our being and we very rarely create something and then find it does or comprises something unexpected and ultimately unexplainable.

    With that in mind, it is not unreasonable to assert with equal
    confidence that the property of time is NOT meaningless in the being of
    God.

    Nice illlustration, but I would say that it does not extrapolate upwards as far as God. God is boundless. The adjectives that theology gives for him (omnipotent, eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent, etc.) describe Him not as He is, but as He is not. He is not bounded by any of the characterists which bind us. I see no reason why God should be bounded in one way and not in others.

    Also, someone has said (I know I'm a bad academic to not know who it was; please forgive me) that God is "that being greater that which nothing can be thought." Granted, that this expression is not divinely inspired, but I believe it to be true. If God is the greatest entity in existence, whether in our universe or out of it, than He must, accoring to the above statement, be fully knowledgeable about the future and fully aware of all time simultaneously. Otherwise, there could be something greater. Not the surest footing to build an argument on, I know, but while we're bantering with illustrations, here's another.

    Jason