Re: fine tuning

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 20:12:37 EDT

    Dave, thanks for your comments on my "Hmmm" remarks to Don. W.

    For now I'll limit my response to just one small portion.

    > The objection to this narrowness springs partly from the modern notion that
    > anything sincerely held deserves equal respect (which no science can
    > operate on) and the repeated declaration, "God is love" (I John 4:8, 16),
    > with the notion that love requires unqualified acceptance.

    Perhaps it was not evident in what I said earlier, but I would agree with
    you, Dave, that differing views concerning the nature of the Sacred are not
    necessarily of equal merit or deserving of unqualified acceptance. I suppose
    I was reacting negatively to some of the religious bigotry that I seen (or
    been subjected to) over the years.

    Howard