Re: Benjamin Wiker on ID (fwd)..Fine Tuning

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 22:54:49 EDT

    Howard Van Till wrote in part

    > In essence, Meyer appeals to biological examples to argue that if the Robust
    > Formational Economy Principle is false, then ID must be true. Putting these
    > two arguments side by side, it looks like the old trick line, "Heads I win,
    > tails you lose." ( p. 194)

    I understand your point, and you successfully contrast this
    with remarkable brevity, but let me be as it were the Devil's
    advocate (hmm here on a Christian list). :-)

    <ID_cap_on>
    You have argued that there is sufficient form conferring
    capacity to build stars and planets, and to bring about all the
    necessary conditions for building the earth. However, what
    this form conferring capacity does not extend to is the
    formation of life (or at least intelligent life).
    </ID_cap_on>

    I have some idea what I would say to this, but I am wondering
    what you would say.

    By Grace alone we proceed,
    Wayne