Re: Benjamin Wiker on ID

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:33:12 EDT

    I looked up the site and it began;

    "It may well be the most important intellectual movement to occur in the
    last 200 years, if not the last half-millennium. Its roots are in the
    sciences, but when it reaches full flower, it may branch into nearly every
    discipline, from theology, philosophy, and the social sciences to history
    and literature, and redefine almost every aspect of culture, from morality
    and law to the arts.

    It's the Intelligent Design (ID) movement, and it's reshaping the face of
    science."

    After nearly choking with laughter I thought I must share it with others on
    this listserve. The only thing I can compare it with are the wonderful TV
    appearances of the Iraqi Minister of Information whose statements to the
    media are more amusing than incorrect. I will be sorry when he goes off air
    in a day or two!!

    It is an amazing mish-mash of senes and nonsense and were it not going to be
    so widely read it could be safely ignored.

    Can someone expalin to me how people keep churning out this sort of stuff
    and clearly dont do their homework - here in the history if ideas and
    science.

    Must get back to the Iraq Minister of Information. H ewill be off air
    tomorrow.

    Michael