Benjamin Wiker on ID

From: Ted Davis (TDavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 14:01:20 EDT

    Benjamin Wiker is a Roman Catholic writer from Ohio, with a doctorate in
    theological ethics from Vanderbilt. He's also a fellow of the Discovery
    Institute and author of a recent book from IVP, Moral Darwinism. (I've
    gotten into an argument with him about how he badly misread Newton and the
    early modern atomists in that book, incidentally, but that's not the subject
    I'm suggesting here.)

    I think the following article (which apparently will have at least one
    sequel) may be worth discussing:

    http://www.crisismagazine.com/april2003/feature1.htm

    Because Ben's book is from IVP, it will likely be widely read by
    evangelicals. There he strongly promotes a "natural law" view of ethics,
    while attacking atomism and other forms of modern science as inherently
    atheistic. This is likely to become a heated converation among Christian
    intellectuals, so I suggest that those unfamiliar with this work remedy that
    state of affairs.

    ted davis