Re: appearance of age, the goodness of God, and MEDIA

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 08:57:15 EST

    oleary@sympatico.ca writes:

    > Now here I must jump in, because I work in media.
    >
    > Please! There is no long-term media plan regarding religion. No such
    > plan is even possible.
    >
    > Media people tend to be less religious than others, but that mostly
    > works against the media people, not for them.
    >
    > They keep barking their shins on stories they should have been covering.
    > They lose credibility as a result.
    >
    > Believe me, in a world whose biggest public story is Islamic extremism,
    > ignorance about religion is NOT an adaptive trait in a journalist.
    >
    > Example: Many New Yorkers would be alive today if enough media people
    > had paid attention to real news in religion to broadcast the threat
    > mounted by international Islamic extremism and the relatively weak and
    > conflicted US response prior to 9-11.

    I think you're exactly right to believe that many New Yorkers would be alive
    today, but not simply because of the failure of the media to warn us of the
    Islamic threat but the absolute unwillingness of the media to report on the
    Zionist elements in Israel and the United States that are provoking the
    Islamicists. If you think the big story is Islamic extremism, you are
    ignorant about religion. The big story is the Hasidic renewal and the growth
    of zionism which has led to ultra orthodox Jewish groups preparing for the
    redemption by usurping the Israeli gov't. (Likud party) and ethnically
    cleansing greater Jerusalem. That is what is happening to the Palestinians.
    The Islamicists are reactionary. It would behoove us all to know how
    seriously our elders take their religion and use all of the their leveraged
    wealth and influence to make their Old Covenant kingdom of God a reality
    while we founder on the rocks debating Levitical prohibitions.

    It is very obvious to us in America that the major media are under control
    hostile to Christianity and national identities. But here is a snip from
    Canada. CanWest Global is owned by Zionist sympathizers. It suggests that
    there is a media plan and the centralization of output (a national editorial)
    by Canwest Global is highly suggestive of that:

    Sunday March 10, 2002

    Regina reporters disciplined

    REGINA (CP) -- Reporters at the Regina Leader-Post newspaper who pulled
    their bylines last week to protest changes to a story critical of CanWest
    Global, the broadsheet's owner, have been disciplined.

    Four of the journalists who spoke to other media outlets regarding the
    incident were suspended for five days without pay, while the other six were
    given letters of reprimand.

    The byline strike was in response to the way editors rewrote a story on a
    speech delivered to the University of Regina journalism school by Toronto
    Star columnist Haroon Siddiqui.

    The reporter originally wrote: "CanWest Global performed 'chilling' acts of
    censorship when it refused to publish several columns containing viewpoints
    other than those held by the media empire, a Toronto Star columnist said
    Monday."

    Editors changed the paragraph to read: "A Toronto Star columnist says it's
    OK for CanWest Global to publish its owners' views as long as the company
    is prepared to give equal play to opposing opinions."

    Management at the newspaper could not be reached for comment.

    However, Murdoch Davis, editorial vice-president of CanWest Global's
    Southam newspaper chain, wrote a letter to the newspaper after the incident
    saying Siddiqui didn't have all the facts.

    "Had he bothered to inquire, he would have discovered that not only are we
    'prepared' to publish opposing views to the national editorials that we
    began in December, we have at times commissioned and paid for them or had
    them provided by our employees," Davis wrote.

    CanWest has come under fire for its decision to produce a national
    editorial written at corporate headquarters in Winnipeg that run in Southam
    dailies in 13 cities once a week.

    Critics see the new policy as jeopardizing the long-standing right of
    individual newspapers to write and publish their own editorials.

    Some reporters at the Southam-owned Montreal Gazette withheld their bylines
    to protest the new policy, and wrote an open letter criticizing the move in
    the Globe and Mail, a newspaper owned by the rival Bell Globemedia group
    controlled by telecom giant BCE Inc

    Trouble in paradise, Denyse? I found this story pretty quickly. The courts
    and the media in Canada are having great difficulty with Christian beliefs.
    They call them hate speech.

    rich