Re: appearance of age and the goodness of God

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 07:22:40 EST

    michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk writes:

    > So many Christians are so naive that they want to believe YEC rubbish. It
    > would be uncharitable to call i t anyhting else.

     “If Christian leaders have told the next generation that one can accept the
    world’s teachings in geology, biology, astronomy, etc., and use these to
    (re)interpret God’s Word, then the door has been opened for this to happen in
    every area, including morality.”32

    That's Ken Ham from an AiG newsletter - if you could demonstrate that the
    morality remained after the creationism died he might (or others like him) be
    more likely to consider your position. But from what Ham says above, no
    Christian scientist has conclusively demonstrated that Biblical morality
    would remain if evolutionary arguments were incorporated. It is the morality
    Ham wants to maintain, not the science. He damns the science for threatening
    the morality. My experience is that vast numbers of people don't want the
    morality including scientists and the clergy so the churches are being
    watered down to accept the immoral rather then looking for reasons to uphold
    the morality like Ken Ham does. Levitical law promotes healthy population
    demographics and a cohesive society. It is true, that vast numbers of people
    cannot appreciate evolutionary arguments when the topic is religion but no
    one has yet written a piece that would reconcile the religion with the
    science although many have claimed to like the recent Darwin's Cathedral by
    Wilson (he hints and provides clues but falls short).

    rich