RE: Evolution wars

From: Jim Armstrong (jarmstrong@grand-canyon.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 09:11:23 EST

    It's not clear that this passage requires an instantaneous creation of
    man. Breathing is a process (and a metaphor in this case, I surmise),
    and it would seem reasonable for this act to be as time-consuming in
    nature (though arguably shorter in duration) than the rest of the sixth
    day creation work. I'm not insisting on this, just observing that there
    appears to be room for a non-instant creation of man in the text as
    written. JimA