Re: Evolution wars

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 18:00:27 EST

    In a message dated 12/19/02 1:20:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    jarmstrong@grand-canyon.edu writes:

    > It's not clear that this passage requires an instantaneous creation of man.
    > Breathing is a process (and a metaphor in this case, I surmise),
    > and it would seem reasonable for this act to be as time-consuming in
    > nature (though arguably shorter in duration) than the rest of the sixth
    > day creation work. I'm not insisting on this, just observing that there
    > appears to be room for a non-instant creation of man in the text as
    > written. JimA

    The process has nothing to do with breathing. The passage is the eating of
    the apple from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If it's an
    allegory, it does not require the instantaneous creation of man as you say.
    Man is man not because he has a body, but because he has a mind. st.
    augustine said the divine likeness is in mente, in thought.
    rich