Re: Evolution wars

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 17:44:17 EST

    In a message dated 12/16/02 12:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    gmurphy@raex.com writes:

    > If Darwin wasn't talking about evolution in the _Origin_ then I'm not the
    > only one mistaken. I'm in the same boat with almost everyone else in the
    > world who knows anything about the book, including scientists specializing
    > in evolution and related fields.
    > As I've said, there are certainly references to some knowledge of
    > breeding in
    > Genesis but this is a far cry from selection being found throughout the
    > whole Bible.
    >
    > Shalom,
    > George

    First of all, you're carrying me far afield from where we started. I said
    darwin was specifically talking about principles of selection being applied
    in genesis, and that is indeed exactly what he was talking about. You had
    said he was talking about evolution in the modern sense, but you didn't say
    what the modern sense was.

    I communicate with scientists regularly. I'm a member of the Human Behavior
    and Evolution Society and discuss these points on the hbe-l list, the
    evo-psych list (3,000+) scientists, and many other lists. last year on the
    h-antisemitism list at michigan state university I offered a theoretical
    control for Macdonald's trilogy on Judaism which was astonishingly well
    received by Kevin MacDonald, the evolutionary psychologist, himself.

    You ignored the quote from Paul Johnson. You ignored the data from the Bell
    Curve. Both quotes suggest that the genetic segregation is aimed at selecting
    for intelligence and that it is going on today.

    In order to breed for a specific trait, you have to segregate your
    population. Genetic segregation runs throughout the entire Bible.
    Ezra 9:2? What makes 'holy' seed? Nehemiah 13:28? Nehemiah 13:23-25?

    If you had taken a good look at the 3 generations from Jacob to Joseph's sons
    (begin Genesis 25) you would have seen that the rule is: regardless of
    birthright intelligence rises to rule. The allegory is perfect. If you read
    it, you can't miss it!

    I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm trying to give you a gift. If I seem to
    be alone it is because I am in the new paradigm. The argument between
    religion and Darwinian evolution is over.

    rich

    --part1_22.338899e0.2b2fb141_boundary

    <HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>In a message dated