Re: Evolution & Identity of the ID designer

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 08:12:56 EST

    George wrote:

    > The Bible presents a lot of its heroes "warts & all" - Abraham trading his
    wife
    > for his own safety, Jacob the swindler, David the adulterer, &c. There is no
    > reason to claim that these behaviors are being approved. Israel is simply
    > being honest
    > about who it is. Thus your last sentence - with its implied criticism of
    > the canonical
    > text - quite misses the point.

    George, I think we're on the same page on this one. My hypothetical
    interpretation was, in part, a reaction to the original post that suggested
    biblical approval for the idea "that cunning [in the form of trickery &
    theft] is favored in God's eyes."

    I was also saying that not everyone who claims divine approval or
    instruction actually has it. The comparison to some of the claims associated
    with 9/11 make that obvious.

    Howard