Re: Bombardier Beetle and Gish

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 03:23:11 EDT

    Bill wrote,

    << I took issue with this person bec/ Gish has never struck me as being
     dishonest. The original commenter wrote this back to me:

     "In one of Gish's debates he used the Bombadier Beetle example. The oppoenent
     happened to know an article showing how the beetle could have evolved the two
     components which, when mixed explode, but which had immediate prescursors
     which would not. Gish granted the point, and admitted he had been wrong on
     that example.
     Then during his next debate appearance to a different audience he used the
     Bombadier Beetle example again."

     Can anyone one the ASA list verify this claim? I'd like to know.>>

    I suggest consulting the article by Weber, Christopher Gregory, 1981. The
    bombardier beetle myth exploded. Creation/Evolution 2(1): 1-5.

    Paul