Re: Was Copernicus. Sun stood still

From: Guy Blanchet (guyblanchet@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 06:34:08 EDT

    Mr. Murphy,

    No one, in the course of commenting on the literariness of the book of
    Jonah made any reference to the rest of the Bible to back up arguments.
    Allow me to try. In Matthew 12:38-41 Jesus shows unmistakebly that he
    takes the 'fish story' as a historical fact. He called it a 'sign' of
    his own ressurection. He put the fish, the repentance of the Ninevites,
    his ressurection, and the judgement day in the same category.

    Regards