Taking Scripture seriously from Re: The Wheel of God

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 20:04:36 EDT

    John W Burgeson replied to Ian's post:
    >Ian: You wrote, in part: "(3) Though it's politically incorrect to draw attention to such things, many Anglican clergy are talking about having gay marriage services. Apparently here's another bit of the bible (OT and NT) that is supposedly no longer relevant to today's society."
    >
    >Burgy: I think this issue is more the result of some people doing some serious Bible study and coming to the conclusion that the scriptures, unlike tradition, are silent on some instances of homosexual activity. Whether they are right or not (I think they are, but that's not the issue here), their arguments take scripture as seriously as those with the orthodox
    view they've always been taught. <

    In most of the cases I have seen, Ian's assessment is clearly correct. More specificity on exactly who you think has made a credible argument is probably advisable.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    "That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks"-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa