RE: Wheel of God

From: Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 11:40:34 EDT

    George,

    Thanks for this lucid explanation. As a Calvinist who has been worshipping
    in a Lutheran congregation, this is all news to me. Having said this, your
    comment, "[t]he position of Lutheran Orthodoxy was that texts from the
    Apocrypha could be used in support of doctrinal positions based on
    unquestioned books but that something couldn't be held as doctrine which
    could be supported only from the Apocrypha" suggests a certain redundancy of
    the Apocrypha.

    Another comment. You wrote that "[this] represents the historic Lutheran
    view, though a lot of American Lutherans have become protestantized." Are
    Lutherans not considered to be "Protestants?" This begs the question, "what
    IS a Protestant?"

    Chuck Vandergraaf (showing his ignorance of things ecclesiastical, but not
    too proud to admit it)