Re: Wheel of God

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 11:16:51 EDT

    Although I would certainly affirm the current 66 books of the Bible as the only authoritative set, I think that the issue of how to count them is a problem. Splitting Samuel, Kings, or Chronicles into two books has more to do with the length at which scrolls become unwieldy than with a particular break in the narrative; one could also argue for merging Luke and Acts, among others. Also, the Hebrew tally counts the minor prophets as a single book. This particular change alone would not substantially change the opportunity for mathematical significance, as it decreases the total by 11 and thus merely requires a 2.5 fold rather than 3 fold use of the Hebrew alphabet.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    "That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks"-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa