Re: "Science falsely so-called"

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 10:55:08 EDT

    Allan,

    I don't know the answer to the question about what word the Greeks used
    for what we would call science, but in view of the attention paid in the
    NT to combatting the Gnostic heresy, I find it hard to imagine that Paul
    had anything other than Gnosticism in mind when he referred to the gnosis
    falsely so-called.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado