Re: On Pi and E

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 16:34:39 EDT

    Howard,

    Thanks for your comments.

    I hope you will have taken the opportunity to familiarise yourself with
    the background to this matter - particularly in respect of the numerical
    coordination that is found to exist between Gen.1:1, the Lord's Name,
    Rev.13:18, and certain fundamental properties of number per se. There
    are powerful arguments (voiced in my writings) for believing that these
    associations can neither reasonably be ascribed to chance nor to human
    contrivance; it therefore follows that they are there by supernatural
    agency, and are intended to accomplish some significant purpose.

    It was with these facts in mind that I sought to challenge Dave's
    suggestion that the 'iota' that is now found (as a subscript) associated
    with the final letter of the second word of John 1:1 might not have been
    present when John actually penned his gospel. So what is really being
    discussed is whether the Greek of this verse has 51 or 52 letters and,
    accordingly, whether the verse sum is 3617 or 3627. It is important to
    note that the three numerical features which fall into place when the
    iota is included are independent of one another, viz the reflective
    factors, the numerical geometry, and the evaluation of e from within the
    verse. In respect of each of these, a powerful numerical bonding with
    Gen.1:1 is also established and the phenomena are immediately seen to be
    just another facet of the Grand Scheme. None of these things happen if
    the iota is omitted.

    These being the circumstances, I have suggested that it is reasonable
    that we accept the numerical findings as ratifying the presence of the
    said iota subscript in all texts as we find them today. Indeed, it is
    pertinent to ask why this should ever have been questioned given that
    the scholarship of centuries has concluded that it must be there?!

    Regards,

    Vernon

    http://www.otherbiblecode.com