Re: On Pi and E

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 14:19:32 EDT

    Peter,
    I have to question the counting of iota. In the _Westminster Dictionary
    of the Bible_ (1944), p. 622, there is a reproduction of Esther 2:6-8 of
    the LXX from the Codex Sinaiticus (4th cent.). The modern text has
    subscript iotas on TOUTO and AUTE (v. 7). The ancient text does not have
    iotas. I do not know when datives were modified with the iota subscript,
    but they are not part of the original sacred test. Is not using a
    modernized text to make things come out right illegitimate?
    Dave