RE: conservative writers and evolution

From: glenn morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 01:11:48 EST

    Ted wrote:

    > I may have missed some of this thread, in which case someone may have
    > already pointed this out. But I would accept Glenn's challenge to name
    > conservative writers who accept the age of the earth and evolution, by
    > naming these: BB Warfield, AA Hodge (not C Hodge), CH Strong, and J Orr.
    > Now it may be that they were not "conservative" by some
    > definition, or that
    > they did not really accept "evolution", by some definition.
    > Surely they all
    > accepted the antiquity of the earth, and by reasonable
    > definitions (I would
    > argue), they were conservatives who accepted evolution.

    I appreciate the correction. I will have to go look up the writings of these
    guys. Were they all from the late 1800s and early 1900s? There was a period
    of time when the majority of conservative Christians accepted the age of the
    earth. This was prior to the advent of Henry Morris and John Whitcomb. I
    would say that never have the conservatives had a majority or anywhere near
    a majority who accepted evolution.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm