Re: Surprise

From: dfsiemensjr@juno.com
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 18:43:13 EST

    From: "John W. Burgeson" <johnburgeson@juno.com>
    To: alexanian@uncwil.edu, asa@calvin.edu
    Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:59:27 -0700
    Whether He is, or is not, the O.T. stories still stand as examples when
    God WAS surprised by what we humans did or did not do.

    If God is "outside time," whatever that may mean, then he was surprised
    "all at once," whatever that may mean.

    My claim is simply this -- if God WAS surprised, even once, then that
    implies something less than being "all powerful." Note that this is still
    not a "strong claim."

           Burgy