Re: TIME BEFORE TIME

From: glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 11:12:49 EST

    At 01:07 PM 2/19/00 -0500, George Andrews wrote:
    >>>Time is an epiphnomena of physical reality whose perceived forwardness
    is a consequence of the second law. To posit "time" - as we have come to
    understand it - before creation (as Glenn seems to want to do) would
    necessitate "something" is changing "somewhere" - be it God or whatever.
    But herein is my point: "something" and "somewhere" are physical notions
    not applicable to any concepts of pre-primordial reality (what ever that
    may be!).<<<

    As Charlie Brown says: 'AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH' I just love the way some people
    around here read what they want to hear rather than what is actually
    written and discussed.

    NO WHERE HAVE I SAID THAT ACTUAL TIME EXISTED BEFORE TIME. GET THIS
    STRAIGHT!!!!!

    What I have said is that if you want to describe any of God's pre-temporal
    activities, our language requires a use of temporal terms. We are simply
    stuck with it. Thus, what I advocate is NOT TIME BEFORE TIME but that
    Genesis 1 is a feeble attempt to describe what is indescribable, the
    activities of God prior to when there was time.

    Please, George, at the very least understand what I am saying rather than
    what you want me to be saying!!!!!!

    Is this clear?

    Now, if you are saying that God didn't exist before time was created at the
    Big Bang that is another thing. Do you beleive God didn't exist prior to
    the Big Bang when time was created?

    NOTE HERE THAT I SAID THAT TIME WAS CREATED AT THE BIG BANG--THUS I DON'T
    BELIEVE IN TIME BEFORE TIME!!!!!

    glenn

    Foundation, Fall and Flood
    Adam, Apes and Anthropology