RE: Baptism: Immersion or Sprinkling?

From: Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 22:45:43 EST

    Bert, et al.

    You know, I find this all a bit sad. What started off as a bit of humor has
    rapidly turned into a firestorm of a debate on infant vs. adult baptism.
    IMHO, considering that a lot of very wise theologians have spent a lot of
    time and effort discussing this, considering that these debates have led to
    schisms and probably to families being torn apart, does anybody really think
    that we will accomplish anything with this discussion other than maybe score
    a point or two and alienating those who have a different opinion? Not that
    I consider the issue not important but ask yourself what your view would be
    if you had grown up in the "opposite camp."

    For what it's worth,

    Chuck Vandergraaf
    (a baptized and confessing member of the body of Christ)
    Pinawa, MB