Re: AIDS questions

From: glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 14:10:16 EST

    At 07:12 PM 1/7/00 -0500, Massie wrote:
    >Excuse me but I can somehow remember scriptures about not judging
    >others. While we can and should judge actions we are commaned to not
    >judge others. Somehow these kind of statements I hear from YEC's such
    >as "your from the devil" cry out as judgemental.

    What a misunderstanding of Scripture. By this standard we couldn't put
    theives in jail. The Bible says :

    Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you
    will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

    Since I read young-earth books all the time as well as science books of all
    stripes, I am quite willing to be judged by the standard I set! And If you
    would read more closely, I condemned my own behavior when I was a YEC. I am
    not condemning them without also condemning myself! So get off your high
    horse and join the real world.

    >There is a big difference with saying " I believe your thinking is
    >wrong" and "I believe you are from the devil" My exprience with them is
    >that passing condemation on those who disagree is part of the party
    >line.

    You forget something Bert, I was once a young-earth creationist. I
    hobnobbed with biggie YECs like Slusher, Barnes, Howe, Gish, Austin, etc. I
    know that when I would ask if they had read a particular book which argued
    against their views more often than not, they hadn't read it. I had. So,
    why won't you let the voice of experience (someone who has been in both
    camps) speak of that experience.
    glenn

    Foundation, Fall and Flood
    Adam, Apes and Anthropology