"Apparent" Trap

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 17:26:26 EDT

    >Susan:
    >Bertvan doesn't really like to debate. (Why she remains on a debate list is
    >a continuing mystery to me.) She merely wants to state her beliefs
    >publically. She gets really annoyed if someone tries to show her that her
    >beliefs have no underpinnings. Her beliefs are dogmatic, rigidly held, and
    >require no underpinnings. They are true because she believes them to be
    >true and she has a right to her beliefs, so there.

    >being rather obstinate myself, I have kept pestering her with questions and
    >observations about her beliefs and I think she finally put me in her
    >killfile.

    Hi Susan,
    I'm not sure there is such a thing as a debate with a Darwinist. Steve seems
    to manage without descending to your level, but I don't see the purpose of
    any discussion with someone who calls people with whom they disagree liars.
    I learn of interesting articles on the list, and occasionally I think of a
    point I want to make. Actually, I thoroughly enjoy posts such as your above.
     It gives a clear picture of the caliber of the opposition.

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan