Re: the vertebrate eye a `kludge'? (was Problems with selectionism, remarks o...

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 00:09:17 EDT

    In a message dated 9/24/2000 3:21:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    sejones@iinet.net.au writes:

    << Even if we granted (for the sake of argument) that the human wrist was a
    "kludge" the fact is that even a "kludge" is designed:

        "kludge... a system and especially a computer system made up of
        poorly matched components"
        (http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=kludge)

    Poorly matched components or system mean that it wqas designed? To me it
    seems that design needs some careful definition before making claims. Even
    more relevant, does design mean "intelligent design" or can it include
    apparant design. One has to be careful not to equivocate the terms design.
    IMHO that is one of the problems that ID has to deal with before they can
    make their argument.