Re: Blood clotting and IC'ness?

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 13:08:55 EDT

    In a message dated 9/13/2000 3:15:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    Bertvan@aol.com writes:

    << .Huxter.
    > seems to me that without being able to document the history of a
    >proposedly IC structure/pathway, declaring it IC and thus designed is a
    >proclamation of ignorance.

     Bertvan;
     It seems to me a proclamation of ignorance would be an improvement over
     declaring it was designed by "random mutation and natural selection" without
     being able to suggest how that might have been accomplished.
     Bertvan
     http://members.aol.com/bertvan >>

    ++++++++++++++++++
    I guess you just don't see what I'm getting at. Who claimed RM&NS 'designed'
    anything? The only people that seem to think RM&NS are all evolution has is
    anti-evolutionists. There is, afterall, evidence for selection and drift.
    Would you like to see some, or would you just reject/ignore it?

    So back to the point that you couldn't grasp -

    ID advocates are making ignorance-based proclamations when they invoke some
    sort of probability BS because they do not know the history of what they are
    determining the probability of. By taking an extant protein/gene and
    declaring design because this extant protein/gene could not have arisen as-is
    by 'random chance' (they have the math to prove it, afterall) they are
    forgetting that they are ignorant of the protein/gene's history, and so are
    simply making proclamations of ignorance. Maybe I stated it incorrectly, but
    declaring something to have been designed based on some statistical gibberish
    cries of ignorance - at least to those that see the baselessness of the
    proclamation.