Announcement - IHCMD Online Study Program

From: Axel Dorscht (ab097@freenet.carleton.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 11:25:16 EDT

    ---------- APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS POSTING ----------
    Please feel free to pass on the information to interested parties,
    colleagues and friends.

    Announcement

    IHCMD Online Study Program

    Sustaining Human Existence in Changing Conditions,
    Human Mental Existence and Human Conceptual and Mental Development

    Setting the Conceptual and Mental Conditions beyond
    Religion, Philosophy and Science

    The Institute for Human Conceptual and Mental Development (IHCMD) is
    presenting a free Online Study Program -- Sustaining Human Existence in
    Changing Conditions, Human Mental Existence and Human Conceptual and Mental
    Development: Setting the Conceptual and Mental Conditions Beyond Religion,
    Philosophy and Science. The Program consists of two parts. The first part
    is a short Introduction Session (October to mid-December 2000), and the
    second part is a longer Study and Training Session (January to August
    2001). The two Sessions can be taken separately. However, the Introduction
    Session is a prerequisite for the Study and Training Session. The idea is
    to take the Introduction Session and in the process consider taking the
    Study and Training Session.

    The focus and concentration of the IHCMD Online Study Program are
    persisting and growing mental, social and environmental conditions,
    problems and challenges we face today, as individuals, as societies and as
    a species globally, and understanding their nature, causes and development,
    answers and solutions.

    The approach is to consider the conditions, problems, demands and
    challenges of human existence and human development beyond religion,
    philosophy and science, at the level of human mental existence and human
    conceptual and mental development. It is to consider them within the
    context of the fundamentals of the nature and conditions, demands and
    challenges of human mental existence and conceptual and mental development.
    Moreover, it is to consider them within the context of the historical path
    and direction of human conceptual and mental self-development; of human
    beings trying to comprehend and manage existence in changing conditions
    that has brought the human species to where we find ourselves today. It is
    to consider, at the level of human mental existence and human conceptual
    and mental development and within the context of the historical path and
    direction of human conceptual and mental self-development through the ages,
    how today we comprehend and manage human existence and human development,
    the understanding and mental skills and practices we develop and on which
    we rely, their limits and shortcomings of where they contradict, conflict
    with and fall short of the natural conditions, demands and challenges of
    human existence and human development. It is to consider the answers and
    solutions at the level of mental existence and conceptual and mental
    development, the direction we need to take in conceptual and mental
    development, individually and as a species, to address and move beyond the
    conditions and problems we face and to sustain human existence in changing
    conditions in equitable ways within the boundaries and limits set by nature.

    The Introduction Session (October to mid-December 2000) is an introduction
    to the issues. The Study and Training Session (January to August 2001) will
    consider the issues in more depth and detail, particularly as they are
    reflected in individual experience and awareness. It is an exercise in
    individual conceptual and mental self-development. The Study and Training
    Session is to individually set the conceptual and mental conditions beyond
    religion, philosophy and science, necessary to sustain human existence in
    changing conditions.

    For more details and registration information go to the IHCMD Online Study
    Program web page at <http://go.to/ihcmd>, 'Currently Offered Programs' or
    contact the organizers and hosts of the Program at <ihcmd@eGroups.com>.

     Dr. Axel Dorscht, Head | Institute for Human Conceptual
     Tel: 1-613-233-8354 | and Mental Development (IHCMD)
     E-mail: ihcmd@egroups.com | 9 Second Avenue, Suite 2
     Website: http://go.to/ihcmd | Ottawa, ON K1S 2H2 Canada