Question to Nelson

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 11:50:52 EDT

    I would like to hear from you how you believe ID can eliminate natural
    processes. For ID you may use either the Dembski formulation or the Behe
    formulation. The issue is that ID'ers claim that ID does not require
    identification of the designer. But that works both ways and it's time to use
    this argument against them to show why ID is not very useful:

    If ID cannot identify the designer, merely design then it cannot exclude
    natural forces as the designer. That it requires 'intelligence' or 'design',
    words that we would perhaps not easily attribute in the context of natural
    forces is irrelevant.

    So now we have several issues:

    1. It has been shown that IC systems could arise naturally

    Does this disprove Behe's IC thesis?

    2. It has been shown that even if design can be infered, ID cannot exclude
    natural designers

    So what is the value of ID then? It is infered based on the absence of
    identified evolutionary pathways, it does not provide us with independent
    evidence and it in effect claims that an unindentified designer with
    unidentified goals, unidentified powers created using unidentified means a
    system.

    What's so scientific about that?