Re: Piecemeal genetic differences as support for macroevolution, etc.

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 22:43:24 EDT

    >And I've yet to see any good reason why divine intervention should be
    given
    >a privileged (or underprivileged) position, placing it outside the
    bounds of
    >science.

    Maybe because all attempts in the past to integrate divine intervention
    and science have resulted in the priests controlling science in an
    attempt to control or influence divine intervention. Easier to offer
    sacrifices than to do physical work - especially when someone else always
    pays for the sacrifice.

    Theoretically religions set out to honor God but pragmatically degenerate
    into systems to manipulate God. At least in non-liturgical Christian
    churches the congregational prayer requests are primarially to intervene
    and change circumstances. No one is satisfied with the hand God has dealt
    him. The strangests requests are for God to alter the past. <G>

    I believe that God created the universe but I don't see how this effects
    basic science.

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.