Re: Glenn wrote:

John W. Burgeson (johnburgeson@juno.com)
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:22:20 -0600

I wrote:

> ... might it not be possible that there are some
>concepts expressible in a minor language that are not expressible in any
>major one!

Glenn replied:

>No. In reality the major languages have more nouns enabling more
expression than the minor languages of technologically primitive
societies.>

This is a thread that ought to be dropped. I suspect you are wrong, but
it makes little difference. Ancient Greek had three nouns for the English
wod "love." But, of course, a lot fewer nouns! I have read that Eskiomos
have many words for the English word "snow," which we are about to get
here!

Burgy

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]