RE: Mastropaolo's probabilities are science.

Brian D Harper (bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 23:46:06 -0400

At 09:04 AM 10/13/98 -0600, Kevin wrote:

[...]

Joseph:
>"I consider myself a scientist...."

Kevin:
>Just out of curiosity then, what is your degree in, where did
>you get it, what research do you work on, have you published
>any papers we can read?

I would like to register a wild guess. I guess that Joseph is an
emeritus professor in the department of Kinesiology and Physical
Education at Cal State Univ. Long Beach and that one of his
research interests is Biomechanics.

As for publications, let me think.... Ahh, I guess
that Joseph is either lead or sole author of the
following:

"Range, energy, heat of motion in the modified NBC,
anti-g, tank suit." Journal of Aircraft. v 29 n 4
Jul-Aug 1992 p 651-656.

"Range, energy, and heat of motion in an NBC anti-G
anthropomorphic tank suit." Journal of Aircraft.
v 28 n 12 Dec 1991 p 855-860.

"A TEST OF THE MAXIMUM-POWER STIMULUS THEORY FOR STRENGTH"
European Journal of Applied Physiology & Occupational
Physiology 65 (5), 1992. 415-420.

What do you think is the probability that I could guess something
like this? About 10^-75 or so? If I'm correct, does this mean
that Joseph doesn't exist? ;-)

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"It appears to me that this author is asking
much less than what you are refusing to answer"
-- Galileo (as Simplicio in _The Dialogue_)