Re: Debate

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 07:10:04 -0600

>>>This is quite different from
actually *being* an historical event, since there are just
as many (or more) people who deny the historicity of the
resurrection.<<<

Actually, how can we verify that any event is historical. How do we know,
except by the account of fallible men, that Julius Caesar ever lived, that
Napoleon conquered. In fact, there are movements now that deny the
historicity of the holocaust. One must depend on others that were there
for information. That is the reason the resurrection is probably the most
verifiable event, because its based on eyewitness accounts and avowed
opponents of the time (Pharisees, Jews, etc.) never claimed it did not
happen. They tried to cover it up, yes, but could not produce a body which
would have nipped Christianity in the bud.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own insight.. Pr. 3:5
Ron Chitwood
chitw@flash.net