Re: What are Neo-Darwinian mechanisms? (was Conspiracy? (was DIFFICULTIES...)

Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noevalley.com)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 02:56:12 -0800

Stephen Jones wrote:

> CL>Since all three of you agree on this, could one of you
> >elaborate a little? What are Neo-Darwinian mechanisms?
> >Which mechanisms are excluded?
>
> I will try to answer this as simply as possible.

Stephen, your long and patient response did not address
what I was getting at, which has nothing to do with
creationism. I see the terms 'Neo-Darwinism' and
'Darwinism' thrown around in these discussions in a
fairly interchangeable manner, and I wonder about the
distinction between these two, in the minds of the
participants.

Personally, I feel that Neo-Darwinism represents a
sort of fundamentalist revival of Darwinism, as a
reaction to creationism. But I would like to know if
people think there are real technical distinctions
between D. and Neo-D.

-- Cliff Lundberg ~ San Francisco ~ cliff@noevalley.com