Re: Evolution debate

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:23:50 -0600

At 11:49 AM 2/24/98 -0600, Robert L Trivers wrote:
>Chitwood wrote:
>

>>Perhaps, in spite of your efforts, you have found that evolutionism
>>and the Bible do not mix.
>

>They don't -- evolution is science the Bible is but one of many
>collections of sacred myth.

Here I must disagree with you. The Bible as commonly interpreted cannot mix
with evolution, but there is a way that science and Scripture can mesh
together. I do not agree with your thesis that the Bible is merely one of
many collections of sacred myths. It is, in my opinion, the word of God.
Unfortunately, many of God's followers chose to believe things that makes
the Bible historically false. This in turn fuels the belief that you hold
about Scripture. In other words, the YECs are proving your case.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood