Re: Evolution debate

Brian D Harper (bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:47:26 -0500

At 05:47 AM 2/24/98 -0600, Ron wrote:
>Chill out, Glenn, cool it! I must have hit some nerve in our debate.
>
>Perhaps it was the towering ediface of knowledge you have built is looming
>to you as having been built on the sand of macroevolution. I know it is to
>more and more. Consider this quote "Dr. Michael Denton's book EVOLUTION: A
>THEORY IN CRISIS, pp306. "The hold of the macroevolutionary paradigm is so
>powerful that an idea which is more like a principle of medieval astrology
>than a serious, scientific theory of the 20 century has become a reality
>for macroevolutionary biologists."

Question for you Ron. Why did you alter the above quote? Are you
a liar or did you copy this quote from another source without checking
it?

>Perhaps, in spite of your efforts, you have found that evolutionism and the
>Bible do not mix. See Romans 5:14 for just one of many examples. Either
>you or the Bible are wrong.
>
>Perhaps this discussion is cutting into the sales of your books, something
>both you and I know is your real agenda.

Why do you bear false witness against Glenn?

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"It is not certain that all is uncertain,
to the glory of skepticism." -- Pascal