Re: When the internal pressure goes up

Brian D Harper (bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 18:55:49 -0500

At 11:39 AM 2/4/98 -0800, EGM wrote:

>http://www.nybooks.com/nyrev/WWWfeatdisplay.cgi?1997061234F
>
>I forgot to say that Gould would like very much to engaged in
>arguments, but he can only attack Darwinism and that's not Politically
>Correct. His Punctuated Equilibrium theory can "explain" the fossil
>record BUT it does not have a mechanism.

Hello again. A couple of questions:

(1) Where did you get the idea that PE doesn't have a mechanism?

(2) Would you also criticize Newton and Galileo for their
failure to have mechanisms?

>OTOH, Darwinism has a
>wonderful concise and easily state-able mechanism but the data betrays
>it. The pressure among evolutionists is increasing and it is not
>surprising is spilling over the public eye. However, both emperors
>here suffer from lack of clothes ...................

Your slogans are nice. Funny how a naked person often tries
to divert attention elsewhere.

>http://www.nybooks.com/nyrev/WWWfeatdisplay.cgi?1997061234F

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"It is not certain that all is uncertain,
to the glory of skepticism." -- Pascal