Re: Process problems from Re: Evolution: A few questions

From: Howard J. Van Till <hvantill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 20:06:43 EDT

On 6/28/04 5:45 PM, "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com> wrote:

> Even though traditional natural theologies in a Christian context envision
> the type of ontological separation between God & the world that you
> describe, they do not
> think of nature somehow giving evidence of an absent or inactive God.

Nor did I suggest such. I spoke of "distinction," but neither "separation"
nor "absence."

> The fact that such a natural theology is often said to be based on "general
> revelation" shows that God is supposed to be active in providing its
> material. So I think the attempt to remove process theology from the
> category of natural theology simply because of the way it conceives of the
> God-nature relationship doesn't work.

OK. Would I be justified, then, in expecting the broad Christian community
to recognize the way in which the meaning of "natural" in process thought
differs significantly from what it traditionally means? :)

Howard