Re: salvation from tar pits?

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 10:15:45 EDT

(http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/26/business/worldbusiness/26sulfur.html?th)
> about China's increasing use of high-sulfur oil which is cheaper than
sweet
> oil. Burning such fuels in automobiles with catalytic converters ruins the
> converters and growing atmospheric sulfur emissions are leading to sharp
> declines in urban air quality in China.
> It is hard to see any "magic bullets" on the horizon in considering the
energy
> equation.

I don't by any means think that there will always be technological solutions
to all our problems. But as a theorist I can ask naive questions about
technology, such as, "Isn't it possible to develop catalytic convertors that
can deal with high-sulfur fuels?"

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/